AN AUSTRALIAN AFFAIR: CYANIDE THORNTON’S “HOT AIR” HITS TOP SPOT; HIGHEST DEBUTS FOR SO. CRATES, NELSON DIALECT & ALNITAK KID’S “BLACK TAPES” & JULIET FOX’S “ROBOTIC MODE”*
TOP 30 THE FULL LIST (Including Release details)
1. CYANIDE THORNTON (AUS) – Hot Air from the album Cyanide Thornton (Bedroom Suck/Remote Control/Cargo/Omnian Music Group).
2. MARIE DAVIDSON (CAN) – ‘Work It’ from the album Working Class Woman (Ninja Tune)
3. KIRSTEN LUDWIG (CAN) – ‘Something I Wanted To Know’, from the album We Get It Now (Oscar St.)
4. SAMANTHA GLASS (USA) – The Carpenter In Us All from the album Nine Memories Between Impression & Imprint (Holodeck).
5. LADY BLACKTRONIKA (USA/GER) – How I Learned from the album Wax Cylinder Only (Meda Fury).
6. THE OCEAN PARTY (AUS) – What It’s Worth from the forthcoming album The Oddfellows’ Hall (Spunk).
7. BEIRUT (USA) – Gallipoli from the single Gallipoli (4AD).
8. CAOILFHIONN ROSE (ENG) – Raindance from the album Awaken (Gondwana).
9. SO CRATES, NELSON DIALECT, ALNITAK KID (AUS) – ‘Black Tapes’ from the single Black Tapes (Bedroom Suck/Remote Control)
10. FUTURE MUSEUMS (USA) – ‘Presidio’ from the EP Rosewater Ceremony Part II (Holodeck).
11. JULIET FOX (AUS) – ‘Robotic Mode’ from the EP Robotic Mode (Octopus Black)
12. JESSICA PRATT (USA) – ‘This Time Around’ from the forthcoming album Quiet Signs (Mexican Summer) Out 2019
13. SRSQ (USA) – ‘Permission’ from the album Unreality (Dais Records).
14. EXIUM (ESP) – ‘Host Range’, from the EP Non-Cellular Life (Polegroup).
15. HELENA DELAND (CAN) – ‘A Stone Is A Stone’ from the EP From The Series Of Songs: Altogether Unaccompanied (Luminelle)
16. NEW WAR (AUS) – Bluebeard FLA from the album Coin (It Records).
17. CASS MCCOMBS (USA) – ‘Sleeping Volcanoes’, from the forthcoming album Tip Of The Sphere (Anti) Out 2019.
18. KLAUDIA GAWLAS (POL) – ‘The Siren’, from the EP The Siren (Redimension)
19. TERR (BRA) – Dust from the EP Dust (Clash Lion).
20. SYLVAINE (NOR) – Atoms Aligned, Coming Undone from the album Atoms Aligned, Come Undone (Season Of Mist).
21. ELLA THOMPSON (AUS) – Dare from the EP Hysteria (Pool Records)
22. PINES (AUS) – ‘Speak’, from the single Speak (Self Released)
23. DEERHUNTER (USA) – ‘Death In Midsummer’, from the album Why Hasn’t Everything Already Disappeared (4AD)
24. CARSON MCHONE (USA) – ‘Sad’, from the album Carousel (Self Released/Nine Mile)
25. TWO MEDICINE (USA) – ‘Astrophysics’, from the album Astropsychosis (Bella Union).
26. SASHA, LA FLEUR (ENG/SWE) – ‘Förbindelse’, from the EP Förbindelse (Last Night On Earth).
27. EMIKA (ENG) – ‘Could This Be’ from the album Falling In Love With Sadness (Self Released)
28. K. MICHELLE DUBOIS (USA) – ‘Alone’, from the album Harness (Self Released)
29. CLAIRE GEORGE (USA) – Orbits’, from the single Orbits (Cascine).
30. PLANNING TO ROCK (ENG) – ‘Beulah Loves Dancing’, from the album Powerhouse (DFA Records)
*Atnitak Kid was spelt incorrectly as Atinak Kid. This has now been corrected.
ABOUT THE TOP 30
Every Wednesday for nearly 10 years between February and November we’ve shared over 400 editions of our signature feature, the weekly Top 30 music chart our blog is named after. It is our way of presenting and highlighting our favourite new independently released tracks on a weekly basis throughout the year.
So FOLLOW and LISTEN to the weekly in’s and out’s & up’s and down’s each week through our Top 30 player on the Indie30 sidebar – to your right!!! The weekly chart can now be followed on SPOTIFY for your convenience as well.